While every project is unique with individual preferences and each needs a different approach, the basic stages in the process remain the same. Here is a look at my design process which I always use in creating new websites as well as re-designing a website to ensure the best end result.
The initial phase of the process where we both communicate for information gathering, take up your project needs, preferences and set goals for your project.
I then do a systematic case study based on your industry and competitors so I can establish a concrete work backbone to provide you with the best web solution possible.
SKETCH & CONCEPTUALIZE
I map out my design ideas, more often than not in Photoshop, integrate branding, color schemes and mold it around different creative concepts and settle into a visual design that stands out.
At this stage, your project will be setup live on a test environment on my server so you can be presented with progress flow and introduced with various functionalities as it comes together.
After all development is done, we can do revisions and alteration on functionality, optimization and site content so it meets the outlined goals.
After considerable satisfaction from you is obtained. I will setup the final website in your hosting, configure databases, do site optimization and handover all deliverables to you.
Finally, we can catapult your website on the internet and let the world know of this venture...excitement begins
AND PASSIONATE WITH
Over years of experimenting and dry runs over design aspects and web technologies, I have edged over the most predominantly used technologies on the internet today. To mention, XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL and Jquery.
Experimenting, yes that is what I have been doing, like a scientist and the pursuit for various expertise on an ever changing medium such as the internet has become somewhat like a manic obsession for me. I believe that facilitating the inevitable convergence of design and logic as an application from much accumulated know-how is all it takes to deliver a successful web application.
- PSD TO XHTML
- Having SEO and SEM semantics in mind, I convert your PSD to a full functional website with XHTML and CSS. I always strive for web standards, cross browser compatibility and W3C compliance using both proven and emerging web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3. Yes I do Twitter Bootstrap too.
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Building on a robust framework such as Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal is pretty liberating. Beside professional implementation, I can leverage these framworks with custom plug-in and component developement to meet your website needs and specifications.
- SHOPPING CARTS
- I develop eCommerce solution both on opensource and licensed platforms such as Magento, X-Cart and OS Commerce. I can do basic to advanced shopping cart customization, payment gateaway configuration and shopping cart integration to an exsisitng website or CMS framwork.
- COMMUNITY BOARDS
- Want to build your community with me? I do custom design and in depth skinning of community boards like phpBB and VBulletin among others. I can do advanced customization to the most intricate details and the most graphically intensive designs.
- PHP FRAMEWORKS
- I always favor custom website development on PHP frameworks like Code Igniter and Cake PHP. The flexibilily and extensibilty that is packaged with going custom is limitless besides liberation from restrictive coding rules and rapid development. I can extend, modify and bake your website ground up on these frameworks and assure you with the best end result possible.